Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Italy
Oncopeptides AB (publ) is a biotech company focused on research, development, and commercialization of therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases. The company uses its proprietary Peptide Drug Candidate platform (PDC) to develop compounds that rapidly and selectively deliver cytotoxic agents into cancer cells.
Pepaxti® (melphalan flufenamide, also called melflufen) has been granted Marketing Authorization, in the European Union, the EEA-countries Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway, as well as in the UK. Pepaxti is indicated in combination with dexamethasone for the treatment of adult patients with multiple myeloma who have received at least three prior lines of therapies, whose disease is refractory to at least one proteasome inhibitor, one immunomodulatory agent, and one anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody, and who have demonstrated disease progression on or after the last therapy. For patients with a prior autologous stem cell transplantation, the time to progression should be at least 3 years from transplantation. Melflufen has been granted accelerated approval in the US under the trade name Pepaxto®. The drug is currently not marketed in the US.
Oncopeptides is developing several new compounds based on its proprietary technology platforms and is listed on the Small Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
Oncopeptides’ headquarter and laboratory are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Today the company consists of around 70 co-workers in total with a growing European organization.
We are now looking for a Medical Science Liaison based in Italy who wants to join our European Team. The position is remote fulltime employment.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) acts as Oncopeptides first point of contact in the field for external stakeholders, including key opinion leaders (KOL), hemato-oncologists in the hospital, pharmacists, and nurses. The role will provide continuous medical updates and scientific information/education on Oncopeptides’ products and relevant indications, position and differentiate Melflufen within the Multiple Myeloma treatment landscape and contribute to the development and execution of Oncopeptides’ overall company strategy, e.g., by continuously seeking for HCP’s feedback, needs & requirements, and project ideas – and for relevant insights from the overall hematology treatment landscape. As well, this role will be instrumental in developing, implementing, and executing customer- and patient-focused medical projects, scientific events, and activities.
The MSL reports into the European Head of Medical Affairs. He/she must not have commercial objectives or measures, must always keep highest ethical standards, and must comply with all applicable rules, regulations, and standards inside and outside of Oncopeptides.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a high level of therapeutic area knowledge and to develop collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Development and execution of tailored customer engagement/account plans in a cross-functional manner – incl. identification, development and implementation of customized projects and customer- & patient-focused solutions.
- Organization and support of Medical Affairs activities such as regional workshops, Advisory Boards (both regional and national), Medical Excellence projects, Early Access Programs,
- Research collaborations, Scientific communication projects and Medical Information projects.
- Establish Oncopeptides as a leading company in the field – committed to enabling patients’ access and to positioning & advancing Melflufen and other novel drug in the pipeline as preferred treatment options for r/r Multiple Myeloma and other hematologic malignancies.
- Ensure identification and mapping of key customers– Development of customized account (alternative: customer interaction) plans, incl. objectives, tactics & tailored projects.
- Identification of project ideas, develop and establish projects to fulfil customers’ and patients’ needs and requirements – and to ensure continuous scientific exchange with cooperating HCPs and accounts.
- Establish and maintain sustainable working relationships with KOLs and other key target customers; develop and track engagement plans with these HCPs.
- Mapping of regional patient journeys to identify barriers that needs to be addressed and opportunities, for support/collaborations to ensure appropriate use of Melflufen.
- Evaluation of clinical trends and practices within Multiple Myeloma by insight gathering and monitoring of applicable guidelines, policies, and trends in own accounts.
- Engage and collaborate with Medical Experts / Key Stakeholders / members of the scientific community.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information in a timely and reliable manner.
- Initiate, manage and support medical projects and ensure timely delivery of results.
- Support OP clinical research, optimize studies and provide scientific support to potential study sites in collaboration with clinical operations as per need.
- Facilitate research collaborations including Real World Data (RWD) generation, health economic outcome research (HEOR) and investigator-initiated trials [IITs) with key investigators including helping identify, establish, and maintain such collaborations.
Competencies, Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in field-based medical-, medical affairs-, project management-, and/or account management roles in pharma or biotech industry.
- Established working relationships and customer networks – Hematology and/or Multiple Myeloma experience preferred.
- Scientific degree (e.g., PhD, PharmD, MD) and/or strong medical background preferred.
- Knowledge of national regulatory, legal and compliance standards is a must.
- Team player with excellent communication and negotiation skills, experienced in dealing with different stakeholders outside and inside the organization.
- Demonstrated business acumen with proven experience in building and implementing successful cross-functional networks, both internally and externally.
- Good understanding of Italian healthcare market structure, incl. hospital and office-based segments.
- Creative, innovative, and patient-centric mindset with the ability to work in an agile environment.
- Scientifically orientated and eager to learn and to communicate scientifically on peer-level.
- Solution- & customer oriented flexible ‘problem solver’ who can take a project from A to Z.
- Act with a high degree of independence in the field and manage a variety of priorities and projects.
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Excellent language skills, fluent in Italian and English, both written and orally.
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel – valid driver license mandatory.
- Driven by Oncopeptides’ Values: Science, Trust, Courage, Collaboration, Passion.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write MSL – Italy in the subject line. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Start-date will be according to agreement.
This recruitment is handled by Oncopeptides. We therefore kindly refrain from telephone calls or emails from recruitment companies and advertising vendors.
By submitting your application, you consent to Oncopeptides processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Oncopeptides would like to contact you regarding future job openings.