Oncopeptides publishes Q2 report 2023
Stockholm – August 10, 2023 – Oncopeptides AB (publ), a biotech company focused on difficult-to-treat cancers, today publishes the report for the second quarter 2023.
“I have a firm and positive outlook on the future of Oncopeptides, and I am happy to see sales of Pepaxti picking up speed in Q2,” says Sofia Heigis, CEO of Oncopeptides. “The journey from approval to established product is long, but I am convinced that we have a good foundation for success.”
Financial overview April-June
- Net sales amounted to SEK 26.0 M (8.8)
- Whereof reversal of returns reserve in U.S. SEK 24 M
- Operating profit amounted to SEK -62.4 M (-61.1)
- Net profit amounted to SEK -56.3 M (-59.8)
- Profit per share, before and after dilution, amounted to SEK -0.62 (-0.79)
- Cash balances at the end of the period amounted to SEK 293.8 M (90.8)
Significant events April-June
- Oncopeptides presents new data at European Myeloma Network Meeting as per April 20.
- Oncopeptides issues warrants to utilize the first loan tranche from EIB, of the amount 10 MEUR.
- Oncopeptides presents new data at the European Haematology Association meeting as per May 11.
- Holger Lembrér will leave his role as CFO but will remain in current role until December 2023.
- Oncopeptides completes first sale of Pepaxti® in Greece as per June 19.
- Decision to issue and re-purchase class C shares for shareholder program.
- No returns have been received from previous customers in USA, which has resulted in that SEK 24.0 M is reported as net sales during the second quarter.
Significant events after the period
- In July, Oncopeptides received the formal request from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to voluntarily withdraw Pepaxto´s approval in the U.S. The company has decided to proceed with a formal appeal.
- Sofia Heigis appointed CEO of Oncopeptides, as per August 7.
- Henrik Bergentoft appointed CFO and will assume his position during the fourth quarter.
Financial overview of the group
|Net sales||25 954||8 753||27 078||8 753||8 355|
|whereof reversal of returns reserve USA||24 045||8 753||24 045||8 753||7 795|
|Operating profit||-62 430||-61 086||-135 170||-159 951||-349 350|
|Profit after tax||-56 332||-59 827||-127 357||-158 414||-337 951|
|Earnings per share, before and after dilution (SEK)||-0.62||-0.79||-1.41||-2.10||-4.11|
|Cash flow from operating activities||-77 308||-106 028||-166 305||-272 061||-420 509|
|Cash at the end of the period||293 766||90 796||293 766||90 796||344 515|
|R&D costs/operating expenses, %||42%||64%||42%||65%||61%|
Conference call for investors, analysts and the media
Investors, financial analysts, and media are invited to participate in a webcast and a following Q&A session on August 10 at 09:00 CET.
The presentation will be hosted by Sofia Heigis, CEO, together with Holger Lembrér, CFO. It will be held in English. It will be published on the website of Oncopeptides in conjunction with the start of the presentation.
Information for participants
If you wish to participate via webcast please use the link below. Via the webcast are you able to ask written questions.
If you wish to participate via teleconference please register on the link below. After registration you will be provided phone numbers and a conference ID to access the conference. You can ask questions verbally via the teleconference.